[Zope] form-based authentication

D. Rick Anderson ruger at acsnv.com
Fri Sep 26 18:36:55 EDT 2003

Ok. I need to find a good replacement for GUF. We're up around 3000
users, and GUF is gagging pretty bad. I've been messing with
exUserFolder, but untill there's better documentation on how to get it
to authenticate from your own source, I'll have to look elsewhere
(unless somebody out there knows of a good howto).

I played with SimpleUserFolder, and it works, but doesn't have any
method for form-based auth that I could figure out. I tried
LoginManager, but every time I install it, my Zope server (2.6.2)
crashes. I've burned almost 2 days on this and now they're putting some
pressure on me to get this working.

so ... is there:
A) better documentation on one of the previously mentioned products so
as to make it work correctly?

B) some other product that can do this?

I'm authenticating off of an Oracle Database with GUF, and I need that
ability in whatever is used to replace it.

TIA

Rick