[Zope] Zope version for RH 8.0 with Python 2.2?

John Wheeler jdwheeler42 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 00:35:57 EDT 2003

http://ftp.dzug.org/Zope/redhat/8.0/zope-2.6.2b3-1.i386.rpm
> > ) but I got an error opening
> > http://localhost:8080/manage page.
>
> Any error in particular? ;-)
> Marcus may appreciate you letting him know the error
> type, traceback and value
> to he can fix the RPM...

I did that before going to the list.

> > I get errors
> > trying "rpm -i python2.3..." and "rpm -i
> --oldpackage
> > python2.1...".  Is there any version of Zope that
> > actually works with python2.2.2 ?
>
> Yeah, just build from a source release of Zope
> 2.6.2.
>
> Although, officially, you should be using Python
> 2.1.3 with that...

Thanks for the advice.  I tried building from Zope
2.6.2 source, but that was unsucessful with 2.2.2.
What finally worked for me was building a version of
python2.3 from source, in an alternate directory
(/opt), and then built Zope 2.7 from source using that
version of python.

--JohnWheeler