[Zope] Python error: object does not support item or slice assignment

Sat Sep 27 07:55:58 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Florian Lindner wrote at 2003-9-27 00:35 +0200:
>  > Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > > Florian Lindner wrote at 2003-9-26 13:46 +0200:
>  > >  > ...
>  > >    Use "REQUEST.set('__ac_name', REQUEST['username'])"
>  >
>  > Thanks, the script works now.
>  > But I still can't login. I'm using exUserFolder and this script to
>  > login. Username and Password are right, but I'm always redirected to the
>  > error page.
>  > But can be wrong?
>
> You may set the "__ac_name" too late to have any effect on
> authentication. Usually, authentication has already taken place
> when you get control; exception: AccessRules (or other
> "__before_publishing_traverse__" and "__bobo_traverse__" hooks).

I don't think so.
The fact is that Zope doesn't even know that this is a log in page.
It's a page to login BEFORE requesting protected content. So the first
contact with Zope authentification is on
   userObject = self.acl_users.validate(REQUEST)
And there obviously an error occurs.
I hope I could explain what I mean...  ;-)
thx,
Florian