[Zope] Command line zope ?

Matthew Thorley ruach at chpc.utah.edu
Sat Sep 27 08:44:51 EDT 2003

Greetings I am a Zope newbie but have been using python for a little while. I
am a member of the team responsible for rebuilding my departments webiste. I
have suggested that we create a portal site and use a CMS and other
some-such. In order to do this I have also suggetsted that we use zope. There
is however one outstanding issue, -command line access. I live in *nix land
and often times people do not have access to (or want to use) graphical
interfaces. From what I have seen of zope already everything is done through
the browser. So these are my questiions:

Does zope have any kind of back door so that pages can be edited with vi or
emacs?

Is there command line access to the zope server database?

Has any one used such tools or created them if they do not already exist?

Thanks very much for your comments
-matthew