[Zope] Command line zope ?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Sep 29 22:38:05 EDT 2003

>Greetings I am a Zope newbie but have been using python for a little while. I
>am a member of the team responsible for rebuilding my departments webiste. I
>have suggested that we create a portal site and use a CMS and other
>some-such. ...
>Does zope have any kind of back door so that pages can be edited with vi or
>emacs?

If you indeed want to use a CMS, you can take a look at CMF and Plone.
The CMF framework uses a skins system to build it's presentation layer,
and skins can come from either the filesystem of from TTW ZODB-resident
objects.

>Is there command line access to the zope server database?

Yep, and it's neat. Using::

zctl.py debug

you can get live access Zope from a Python shell.

Described here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup

Also there is ZShell, which should give you a Unixish shell into a live
Zope.
http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome_alet/zshell

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."