[Zope] LDAPUserFolder - Too many results for this query...

Thierry Mallard thierry at mallard.com
Tue Sep 30 03:55:42 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:47:21AM +0200, Patrick Gelin wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 09:15, Thierry Mallard wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:08:28AM +0200, Patrick Gelin wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > So, I'm writing a python script (may be I have to write an external
> > > method) which use the LDAPUserFolder::getUserNames API, and I've got the
> > > error message below:
> > >
> > > getUserNames: Cannot find any users (Too many results for this query)
> >
> > It may be the server which is not correctly configured. I recall
> > OpenLDAP default limit to 500 results, which can be changed using the
> > "sizelimit" directive..
> >

> I don't use the openldap server, in fact I'm using an other host with
> Active Directory server. Do you think the limit comes from Active
> directory and not python ?

Honestly I don't know about ActiveDirectory, but it would make sense
that this server also prevents too many results..

I would suggest you try a similar LDAP request on the client host, using
for example "ldapsearch" ( if the client host is on unix ) to see if the
problem is linked to python-ldap or not...

best regards,

--
Thierry Mallard
http://vawis.net