[Zope] Re: Display new object without redirect

Ken ken at practical.org
Tue Sep 30 04:34:11 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I wrote yesterday asking how to display a newly created, catalogued object (DocumentFile of DocumentLibrary) after calling

<dtml-call expr="addDocumentFile(REQUEST=REQUEST)">

without using a redirect (typically to URL1).

This works ('topic' is a property which has been set to the object id):

<dtml-in documents>
  <dtml-if "topic==id">
    <dtml-with "Documents.getObject(data_record_id_)">
      <dtml-var data>
    </dtml-with>
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

I am seeing some server errors (code 500).
And I am wishing for a more elegant solution to reference the newly created object.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ken