[Zope] Re: Tracking upload of files to Zope

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Sep 30 08:58:38 EDT 2003

Hi Gitte,

Gitte Wange wrote:

> So what I want, is to (while the upload is progressing) read the size of
> the temporary file or at least see how many bytes is transfered.
> Looks like some patching in ZServer ?
>
> Or is it impossible to do some hacking here ?

The question is: to where do you want to read the progress?

Most clients, however show you the amount of bytes already
sent to the server, this should be informal enough.

For every other approach, there is simply no channel in the
HTTP-protocol to output the information to.

So the question about how to get the information is completely
secondary :-)

IF you want to watch uploads for debugging purpose, and files
are huge, you can try "lsof" in the temp directory.

Regards
Tino