[Zope] Banner Grabbing

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Sep 30 17:58:20 EDT 2003

D. Rick Anderson wrote:
> How do we modify the 'Server' string in Zope? My boss is on a security
> kick, and somebody got him stuck on the term 'banner grabbing'. I just
> want to put something in there that doesn't identify the server or version.

Zope has such a distinctive fingerprint that changing the Server
header won't do a damn bit of good.  Trying to obscure what software
you're using never does anything but increase deployment and
maintenance costs.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle