[Zope] Banner Grabbing

D. Rick Anderson ruger at acsnv.com
Tue Sep 30 19:11:32 EDT 2003

> I don't believe in relying on security-through-obscurity...

I couldn't agree more, but it shows up as a 'warning' in Nessus, and my
boss wants it cleared up. I don't intend to 'rely' on that, but why give
some dough-head out there more information than you have to? I've done
it to our servers that ARE running apache with:

ServerTokens Prod

and then all they return is "Apache" without any versioning info, and if
you set:

expose_php = Off

in your /etc/php.ini it won't barf out all of your PHP version
information either. I just want to know how to do it in Zope.

Thanks,

Rick