[Zope] Re: Zope Product - zipfile not compressing

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Thu Apr 1 12:17:34 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

>> The product works, the zipfile gets created and all the files
>> are there, only there appears to be no compression at all.

> What leads you to believe there is no compression?

The way I noticed it was that the files were to big,
basically the sum of all files (the files that I pack
are text files)

And I can open up the zip file and the contents of
it is readable text.

What I'm thinking is that maybe the zlib import fails and it
silently defaults back to zipfile.ZIP_STORED

Another method in this product has no problems in unpacking
zip files that I upload.

thanks,

Istvan.