[Zope] Keyword index negative query

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 03:15:47 EST 2004

Casey Duncan wrote:

> Jeremy did to modularize things and then I did thereafter to optimize
> sorting and clean up some remaining cruft.

Aha, so, only partially guilty then ;-)

>>(and where did they document it?)
>
> What was changed wasn't public API and functionality was not changed
> other than adding the sort_limit capability which is documented in the
> hurt^H^H^Help system and interfaces.

As you rightly point out, the "help" system is "dodgy" to say the least.
What benefit sdoes setting sort_limit currently add?

 From what I saw, with the addition of a few security declarations, what
refactoring meant that a normal Python Script could do funky stuff to generate
more useful search results.

Was I hallucinating?

Chris

PS: I'm still after the holy grail of being able to do boolean combination of
indexed searches and sort on multiple indexes in a cascasding fashion. How'd you
recommend tackling that now?

PPS: Does Pypes make my holy grail possible?

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk