[Zope] is zope right for me?

Steve Mueller Steve.Mueller at frontieradjusters.com
Sun Apr 4 22:23:47 EDT 2004

Hi all - I'm very new to Zope(i.e. literally only hours) and like what I see so far but I'm still unsure if Zope(and add-on products thereto) is the solution I'm looking for.  Specifically, I am a CIO of a franchise organization that has a network of 750 owner-operated locations around the US and Canada and what I want to be able to do is to give our owners the ability to create/update/manage their owner one page 'home page' which will 'hang off' our public site.  The pages for all locations need to be within a standard template and we should be able to determine what our owner-operators can update/add on their pages.  Also, some of the page content will need to be controlled dynamically by data within our existing franchise database(MSSQL).  This dynamic data should not be able to be updated via the Zope interface.  Above all, creating/updating the pages should be extremely(and I stress extremely) simplistic.  Otherwise our users will not create/maintain their site.  All this being said, is Zope my answer?  Is a combination of Zope and Plone my answer?  Zope and a combination of some other product(s)?  Am I way off here?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I go digging into the product myself.

Regards,
Steve Mueller