[Zope] is zope right for me?

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 06:35:26 EDT 2004

Steve Mueller wrote:

> locations around the US and Canada and what I want to be able to do is
> to give our owners the ability to create/update/manage their owner one
> page 'home page' which will 'hang off' our public site.  The pages for
> all locations need to be within a standard template and we should be
> able to determine what our owner-operators can update/add on their
> pages.

Sounds simple enough, and exactly what Zope is good at...

 > Also, some of the page content will need to be controlled
> dynamically by data within our existing franchise database(MSSQL).

A couple of ZSQL methods and an mxODBC database adapter should do it :-)

> interface.  Above all, creating/updating the pages should be
> extremely(and I stress extremely) simplistic.

Hehe, well, if you're looking for help, you may find my company's name relevent...

> will not create/maintain their site.  All this being said, is Zope my
> answer?

Yes.

> Is a combination of Zope and Plone my answer?

I wouldn't recommend it for something this simple, particularly if your website
takes a lot of hits. What kind of volume are you anticipating?

> Zope and a
> combination of some other product(s)?

Yep, although mxODBC is the only extra one you'll need to add.

Looks like you're well on course...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk