[Zope] Windows or Linux?

Cormac McClean cmcclean at ait.ie
Mon Apr 5 08:45:57 EDT 2004

>It's
>between Redhat 9.2, Mandrake, and Windows 2000.  Are there limitations as to
>each?  I thank you for your input.

Hi Bill,

While I've only started developing with Zope recently, I've been
deploying a Zope product (FLE) for the last year. We use RedHat 9 and
are very satisfied. Having said that, I have moved all my other servers
to Debian GNU/Linux, and have found it to be superior, particularly with
regard to software installation and updating. I've started my own Zope
development on a Debian server.

There's may be an issue regarding Red Hat's support for the "standard"
distribution - this has gone fully open source as Fedora. I'm not a fan
of Mandrake.

I'd say use Linux;  using Debian GNU/Linux is even better.

Regards,
Cormac.