[Zope] Installation issues (also Zserver vs. Apache)

Mike Jarrett mike at jarrett.com
Mon Apr 5 14:16:48 EDT 2004

I am just getting started with Zope and have run across the following installation issue.

It appears that I have installed successfully, as I can bring up the manage screen on the server by typing http://192.168.0.5:8080/manage  (where the 192, etc is the ip address of the local host).  However, when I type that on any other system (ok there's only one) on the network, I get a 'page cannot be displayed message' after a long wait.

The server is running red hat 3.2.3, Python 2.3 and Zope 2.7.  The client that can't find the server is XP, with IE version 6.0...

When my server is running apache, my client can find it just fine.  However, based on what I've read, it would make more sense to run Zserver since the machine will be a dedicated zope box.  Right?

Thanks for your help.

Mike