[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME is wrong when running as NT service

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Tue Apr 6 05:48:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm building a ZServerSSL Windows installer for Zope 2.7.0 (and Plone 2.0).

ZServerSSL adds a HTTPS_ServerFactory class in ZServer/datatypes.py. The
factory's __init__ method does M2Crypto SSL stuff like the following:

    ssl_ctx.load_cert_chain('%s/ssl/server.pem' % INSTANCE_HOME)

I've added code to write the value of INSTANCE_HOME to a temp file in
__init__.

When Zope is running as a Windows service, the value written shows that
INSTANCE_HOME == Zope's installation directory, not the instance's
directory.

When I invoke runzope.bat or 'python zopeservice.py debug', INSTANCE_HOME
has the correct value.

This looks like a bug somewhere; I didn't see any obvious candidate after
digging around a little.

(I'm thinking to work around this by adding a parameter to my
<https-server> section in ZServer/components.xml to hold the correct
value.)

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>