[Zope] metal: how to get a portlet to render in the default index_html

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Tue Apr 6 19:22:01 EDT 2004

>> do you have any published news that could be rendered.
>> The portlest does only show published news.

Yes, all news is published.  The portlet <h5> title and border do not
render either.

In fact, I am beginning to wonder if the Plone default index_html is
a page template at all.  I cannot even get the following simple
snippet to render:

The URL is <span tal:replace="request/URL">URL</span>.

The document object type seems something called "Dublin Core".

I have tried to replace the top level index_html with a page
template, but that just generates errors.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com