[Zope] 'Unauthorized' Error

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:12:14 EDT 2004

Hello. My zope user account is declared in the acl_users folder that has
the path ' /Test/acl_users'. When I give myself a role of'Manager' and try
to access 'http://.../Test/manage', I get no errors. However, when I try
to access 'http://.../Test'(by default this should open up index_html in
/Test), I get the following error:

Site Error

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: (item 0): Your user account is defined outside the context of
the object being accessed. Access to 0 of [(Application instance at
29d5ef0), (Folder instance at 29db1b0)] denied. Your user account, dude,
exists at /Test/acl_users. Access requires one of the following roles:
['Manager', 'View'].

I know that by creating a user account for myself at the root level(i.e.
'/') and giving myself a role of 'Manager' or 'View', I can solve this
problem. However, this is precisely what I am trying to avoid. Is there
any other solution to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Asad