[Zope] Python: methods arguments limited to 256?

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Thu Apr 15 12:01:56 EDT 2004

Julio Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a python script in which I call a zsqlmethod and pass to it some
> args,
> If I pass 255 args everything ok (dont ask why I need so many args its
> not your business :-),

Dont care, passing that many args is not good design :)

> If I pass more than 255 args to zsqlmethod then when hitting the python
> script "save changes" button I get the following error (Note: the error
> appears when clicking the save changes button of the Python Script):

Works here (can't believe I actually tried it). Even if it didn't work I
happily consider this a reasonable limitation :)

You probably have a character thats not in the standard ASCII range, eg:
if you cut and paste from Word or have a unicode character.

Try looking at the *args, and **kw notation if you must past that many
arguments btw.
--
   Andy McKay
   ClearWind Consulting