[Zope] Ape & MySQL: Error adding ZODB MountPoint

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Thu Apr 15 19:27:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Elena Schulz wrote:

> connect(host="servername",user="user",passwd="password",db="database")

Thanks, I've incorporated that example into component.xml.

> This works well, but Shane there is the below bug in apelib.sql.dbapi.py.
> With the given patch it works for me :-).

The patch has been applied, thanks.

> Now the one 'set of problems' remain for me. That is customizing the
> serializers/deserializers to transfer the data columns in the data and
> property-tables from blob's to readable text so it can be used by external
> applications.

Ape chooses a serialization strategy for each object according to the
configuration files named apeconf.xml.  For example, if you add a standard
ZopePageTemplate to a folder in an Ape-managed database, Ape decomposes it
for storage using components configured in apeconf.xml.  Read outline.txt
and apexml.txt to learn how to teach Ape about more object types.

Shane