[Zope] Zope startup - no Internet connection

Roger Fisher rlfisher at sprynet.com
Fri Apr 16 00:49:54 EDT 2004

I wish to run Zope in a "standalone" mode on a Windows/XP laptop, that is not necessarily connected to the Internet. This is to allow "offline" development and also to demonstrate our application in situations where there is no Internet connectivity - the browser, Zope, SQL are all operating on my laptop.

I have found in the past that the Zope server will not start up unless there is an active Internet connection.  Once it is started, the connection can go away and Zope will continue to operate correctly.  This means that I can startup Zope in my office (where I am connected), then hibernate my machine, and resume my work in another (disconnected) location.  The problem is that if I have to reboot the machine at a disconnected location, I can no longer demonstrate my work or continue development.

Has anybody discovered a solution to this dilemma? To be able to start up the Zope server on a windows machine that is not actively connected to the Internet.

Thank you.