[Zope] 2.6.3 --> 2.7.0: Where's my w_pcgi?

Wolfgang Müller Wolfgang.Mueller2 at uni-bayreuth.de
Mon Apr 19 03:26:33 EDT 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 21:14, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,

Hi Chris,

> PCGI was abandoned and the docs unfortunately don't reflect this fact.

That's reassuring.

> I've been looking pretty closely, and you're the first person to ask for
> this since 2.7.0 was released.  It's possible to make pcgi work with
> 2.7.0, but I'm honestly not sure how to do it.

That's unfortunate.

> What platform are you using?  Could you use a rewrite rule instead?

I am running a compiled-by-myself (non apt-get) Zope on Debian  together with
an apache 1.3.something.

Hmm. My problem is, I have to hide from the outside on which port Zope is
running. Between the users and myself there is an 80-only firewall. According
to what I know this excludes rewrite rules. Or is there a possibility? Do you
anything about that?

I'll have a look at the rewrite manual at apache.

Thanks,
Wolfgang