[Zope] DTML inside zope products

Stephen Rudd stephen.rudd at btk.utu.fi
Tue Apr 20 04:01:02 EDT 2004

Dear Zope users and helpers;

I have another problem and am stumped. I am creating a product that
generates a load of dynamic bioinformatics information. Some content is
displayed through DTML documents and methods that live within the ZMI.
Other content lives in a collection of python classes within the
product. I have a couple of instances when I would like a product to
read some parsed DTML from the ZMI (to allow changes in layout /
requested content etc). I collect the text from the Zope documents by

for object in self.objectValues():
	text += object.read()

This works well, but the returned DTML remains as unparsed DTML. What
should I be doing to recover the parsed DTML?

Any help would be very gratefully received

Thanks

Stephen

  Dr Stephen Rudd - genome astronomer
          Bioinformatics group