[Zope] Apache .htaccess and zope

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Wed Apr 21 17:55:51 EDT 2004

Hi.  Does anyone know if it is possible to password protect a zope
folder running behind Apache with .htaccess.

Why would I want to do such a thing? I have a Plone 2 site running
that I need to give selective access to, but those who get access
must have complete permission to manage.  Normally I would do this by
assigning folder permissions in Zope to a guest user, but Plone does
not seem to like that.

htaccess is working on Apache.  What I have tried is dropping a
.htaccess file in my zope site root (/http/site.org).  Apache does
not seem to see this file after the rerewriterules, which I think is
the problem.

I'd much rather do this in Zope directly.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com