[Zope] Exception handling and Site Error Log

Tim Edwards Tim.Edwards at hwe.com.au
Thu Apr 22 00:28:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

We have a lot of Python code in .py files run via External Methods for an
application we are developing. I have a bit of a dilema about the exception
handling. I find that if I catch exceptions in the External Methods (so that
I can display a nice error page to the user) nothing is logged to the Site
Error log. If I remove all try-exception blocks from the code any errors
throw up the standard Zope error page and log to the Site Error Log.

Is there a way to show the user a custom error page and still have the error
logged to the Site Error Log?

Tim Edwards

Trainee Analyst Programmer
Henry Walker Eltin