[Zope] stopping zope?

Jorge de Velasco Oria de Rueda jjvor at tid.es
Fri Apr 23 05:13:36 EDT 2004

Hi
El vie, 23-04-2004 a las 10:41, Aaron escribió:

> > on linux it is usually 'zopectl stop',
>
> Yes Linux sorry.
>
> I am using  Zope-2.6.3-linux2-x86 and I gather I need to find zopectl.
> In the root of Zope is start and stop but zopectl isn't to be found. Is
> zopectl the process? Also how do I check what is running?

zopectl use to be in your zope instance directory.
/zope-instance-directory/bin/zopectl

> What is happening is I try starting Zope and I get an error that it
> can't start on the default port because zope is already running there.

try to do
ps-ef|grep python and you'll see the process:

/usr/bin/python /directory-software-zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py
if you can stop the process you could kill it ...
killall python
or
kill -9 process
> I can start zope with the -w -f switches but I would like more control
> over whats happening.
>
> Also I access the remote host through ssh. When I run Zope I tie up the
> ssh command line, I can run it with ./start & but won't Zope die when I
> log out of ssh?

If you don't find zopectl, you could start zope with

./start &,

 but I recommend you using zopectl