[Zope] Persuading my ISP to support Zope (was Installing on Apache ISP without server process)

Ian Brockbank ian at scottishdance.net
Mon Apr 26 05:29:14 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Okay, so it looks like Zope is not currently possible on my ISP
(no long-running background processes allowed).  However, they have
at least invited me to try to persuade them to support it.

Are there any resources I can point them at which are specifically
aimed at ISPs providing Zope hosting?  Are the following the
references I need, or are there other better ones for ISPs?

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.stx

http://www.zope.org/Members/mwr/VHosts_With_Zope_Default

Would they be able to have a separate database for each user, or
would they have to have one database partioned by user?

I really like Zope, so it would be great if I could persuade my
ISP to support it.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give,

Ian Brockbank
Edinburgh, Scotland
ian at scottishdance.net
http://www.scottishdance.net/