[Zope] Persuading my ISP to support Zope (was Installing on ApacheISP without server process)

Robb Shecter robb at acm.org
Mon Apr 26 09:14:09 EDT 2004

Ian Brockbank said:
> Hi All,
>
> Okay, so it looks like Zope is not currently possible on my ISP
> (no long-running background processes allowed)...

It sounds like you're talking about your web host, not your ISP - correct?

I'm currently using two Zope-friendly web hosts:

1. http://www.zettai.net/  This site is pretty good - you can get started
with a zope account for $6 / month.  And you can do most of the common
Zope things with that.

But I'm also using:

2. http://www.rimuhosting.com  This is a VPS host - which means that you
have a virtual private server to your self.  You can run whatever servers
you want.  I'm paying $40/month for my package.

On this host, I'm doing my real programming - running a couple of zope
instances (A production and a development server), a custom application
server I'm writing that communicates via XML-RPC, etc.

Robb