[Zope] Large DTML Document

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:29:50 EDT 2004

I have reached the maximum size of a DTML document(around 30-31 KB) that
Zope will allow(perhaps this is browser specific?). Everything in my DTML
document is being used to display data(the data processing occurs inside
DTML methods that are called from this document). However, I have more
code to add to the document for display purposes but cannot because I have
reached the maximum size that Zope will allow. What are my options at this
point? Does Zope allow the use of includes similar to Java Server Pages?
If not, what can I do? Embedding this presentation logic inside DTML
methods and then calling these methods from the DTML document using
<dtml-var> is something I thought of but I am not certain this will work.

- Asad