[Zope] How to pass argument to zpt

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Apr 28 19:31:55 EDT 2004

DeHa wrote at 2004-4-27 12:58 +0200:
>My problem is I don't know how to store value (global value) about
>product number (prod_no) which points to row in the table with product.

What does "store" mean?

In principle, Zope supports various notions of "storing":

  *  store in REQUEST ("REQUEST.set(name,value)")

     The stored value is available ("REQUEST[name)")
     during the current request.

  *  store in session ("REQUEST['SESSION'].set(name,value)")

     The stored value is available ("REQUEST['SESSION][name]")
     while this session is open.

  *  store persistently as property of an object
     ("object.manage_addProperty(name,type,value)"
     (parameter order might be wrong -- check the API reference!))

     The stored value is available ("object.getProperty(name)")
     until explicitly changed/remove.

--
Dieter