[Zope] How to pass argument to zpt

DeHa deha at interia.pl
Thu Apr 29 02:41:43 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>>My problem is I don't know how to store value (global value) about
>>product number (prod_no) which points to row in the table with product.
>

> What does "store" mean?
>
> In principle, Zope supports various notions of "storing":
>
>   *  store in REQUEST ("REQUEST.set(name,value)")
>
>      The stored value is available ("REQUEST[name)")
>      during the current request.
>
>   *  store in session ("REQUEST['SESSION'].set(name,value)")
>
>      The stored value is available ("REQUEST['SESSION][name]")
>      while this session is open.
>
>   *  store persistently as property of an object
>      ("object.manage_addProperty(name,type,value)"
>      (parameter order might be wrong -- check the API reference!))
>
>      The stored value is available ("object.getProperty(name)")
>      until explicitly changed/remove.

This is what I was looking for, thank You. I don't know why, but i try
to understand zope from standard tutorials, but it covers just simple
examples. I will still digging internet to get more knowledge (-:.

And of course I'm really sorry for my english(-:.

Best Regards
--
Dawid Hulisz
also known as DeHa