[Zope] Where is the magic that makes ZopeHome/Products show up on the path?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Apr 29 06:04:57 EDT 2004

Thank you very much Dieter.  I now have (another) pydoc-derived system
able to produce docs for installed Zope products.  Interestingly, the
reason this wasn't working with the code I had is because pydoc was
reloading the Products package when doing a "safe import", so it was
overwriting the __path__ set by App.FindHomes.

I got around that by sub-classing pydoc and eliminating the reloading
code in safeimport.

Again, thanks,
Mike

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Mike C. Fletcher wrote at 2004-4-28 05:53 -0400:
>

>>I had thought that this was done with __path__ statements in the
>>__init__.py module, but I don't see any __path__ statement in
>>Products/__init__.py in my Zope 2.7 install. PyDoc doesn't pick up the
>>existence of the extended search path and I was thinking I'd try to
>>teach it how to do so.
>>

>The magic is done in the import of "App.FindHomes".

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/