[Zope] RAM chache and characterset

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 5 13:41:51 EDT 2004

Ulrich Wisser wrote at 2004-8-5 13:25 +0200:
>my whole application uses UTF-8. Now I started to make some performance
>tweaks and ran into a lot of trouble. It seems that RAM CACHE MANAGER
>does not work very well with UTF-8 documents.
>
>Is this a known problem? How can it be solved?

At least I know the problem...

I work around it by coding the "charset" into the "content_type"
property of the template.

I had to fix XML based FSPageTemplates to interpret
the xml declaration correctly and set the "content_type"
accordingly.

However, there are still a lot of problems for other object types.

--
Dieter