[Zope] Re: Zope 2.7 and scheduling

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:40:24 EDT 2004

--- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Dieter Maurer <dieter at h...> wrote:
 > Gitte Wange wrote at 2004-8-8 17:25 +0200:
 > >All the stuff should be found at http://dev.legco.biz but that website
 > >is down :-((
 > >Is the project discontinued or moved to some other website?
 > >I really need some schedule stuff in Zope.
 >
 > We are using Events from Zope's CVS and a scheduler from
 > Chris McDonnough (or similary spelled).
I'm also interested in replacing Xron, so, I looked for the scheduler
you mentioned and found it on the cvs of zope.org; however, there isn't
any README.txt nor CHANGES.txt on it. Do you or anybody else knows if
there is a page of the project with this info? I didn't found it.

I'm interested in, for example, on which products it depends -> I saw
Zope complains about the Product "Event", so, I installed it, but there
isn't a README with this info. I also saw that when you try to add an
instance of the Scheduler, you need something called "Event service",
which defaults to "portal_events". For the name, I guess it needs CMF
too, right? Can't be it used without it?

I'm also interested on knowing what bugs have been corrected.

Thanks in advanced,
Josef