[Zope] Database Adapter releasing database connection after request

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 11:04:49 EDT 2004

Hi Florian,

Florian Reiser wrote:
> could anybody tell me, how I could convince ZODBCDA to close the database
> connection after each request?
> Or is there another ODBC adapter around, which can handle this.
> Maybe I could take parts of ZODBCDA and extend it?
>
> I need this feature because I want to be able to clean up the database and
> the associated tables without having to restart zope.
> The problem is: As long as zope holds a connection to my database, I can't
> get exclusive access to it. Simple kicking zope off the database isn't
> possible either. So I do have to do it the nice way.

The eGenix ODBC adapter has this capability: -

	http://www.egenix.com/

An evaluation version is available, too.

I think existing issues with ZODBCDA are such that time time spent
addressing this would not be well invested - I'm not even sure that the
source was ever available.

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer