[Zope] ldapuserfolder

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Aug 9 12:13:10 EDT 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 15:26, Chris McDonough wrote:

> A guess: your LDAP server may have too many user entries to be
> processed
> by this function.  You may need to change the LDAP server to
> successfully return more than the default number of objects.
>
> This depends on your LDAP server, and the change probably needs to be
> made there (and not within LDAPUserFolder).  For MS Active  Directory,
> the answer is to set the the "MaxPageSize" setting to more than the
> default (which is 1000) as detailed via
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271088.  For OpenLDAP, you set the
> "sizelimit" key to more than the default by editing slapd.conf (see
> http://www.ldapadministrator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 ) .

I can't reproduce that with a small sizelimit using OpenLDAP.
ldap.SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED is explicitly caught in the delegate search
method.

The only thing I can think of is that AD spits out something malformed.
The only way to find out (at least that's what I always do) is to step
through it using pdb.

jens