[Zope] CMFReportTool error Message

Peter Millar peter.millar at parasyn.com.au
Mon Aug 9 21:39:14 EDT 2004

Are there any CMFReportTool experts out in the plone/zope world??

I think I have set up everything properly . when I call

http://localhost:5555/devel/index_html/asPDF/pdftemplate_default/documen
t_pdf

This error appears .

Error Type
AttributeError
Error Value
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 104, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 160, in _exec
  Module None, line 18, in asPDF
   - <FSPythonScript at /devel/asPDF used for /devel/index_html>
   - Line 18
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.ReportTool, line 233, in renderPDF
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.RenderPDF.Parser, line 765, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.RenderPDF.Platypus, line 157, in create
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.RenderPDF.Platypus, line 714, in build
  Module reportlab.platypus.doctemplate, line 521, in handle_flowable
  Module reportlab.platypus.frames, line 120, in _add
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.RenderPDF.Paragraph, line 1285, in wrap
  Module Products.CMFReportTool.RenderPDF.Paragraph, line 1393, in
compileProgram
  Module reportlab.lib.fonts, line 104, in ps2tt
  Module string, line 55, in lower
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

The offending line in function ps2tt I think is

def ps2tt(psfn):
    'ps fontname to family name, bold, italic'
**    psfn = string.lower(psfn) 			UGLY LINE
causing problems **
    if _ps2tt_map.has_key(psfn):
        return _ps2tt_map[psfn]
    raise ValueError, "Can't map PS font %s" % psfn

Any ideas anyone . have I missed something somewhere??