[Zope] Apache Authentication Problem

Will Smith witisi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 11:13:38 EDT 2004

We currently have an applition that uses apache to serve alot of large
files out of the filesystem (650MB each).  I would like to convert the
web interface over to zope to unify our site.  I would prefer to keep
the large files in the filesystem, primarily because we already have
tools to manage them there.  I also am very comfortable with apache
serving these large files, and really do not wish to put this task up to
the ZServer.

I currently have zope setup behind a VM in apache.  I have created a
simple product that lists the files and creates the links to the files
served by apache.  I am able to integrate this info into our site very
nicely.

Problem...

Since zope is not serving the files, I cannot prevent users from
accessing them.  I can control access to the links, but if you cut and
paste the URL apache will server them to anyone, without even logging
into zope.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Will Smith