[Zope] Apache Authentication Problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 12 16:05:41 EDT 2004

Will Smith wrote at 2004-8-10 11:13 -0400:
> ... Serving large files by Apache ...
>Problem...
>
>Since zope is not serving the files, I cannot prevent users from
>accessing them.  I can control access to the links, but if you cut and
>paste the URL apache will server them to anyone, without even logging
>into zope.

This has recently been discussed (either on a Zope or Plone mailing list).

I faintly remember that their is an Apache module that allows Apache
to delegate authentication to an external authentication source, e.g. Zope.

Search the archives to find the thread and check whether my memory
is correct.

--
Dieter