[Zope] Re: MySQL thread connection question

Allen Schmidt aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Mon Aug 16 09:21:51 EDT 2004

In an attempt to clear this a bit: (or make it cloudier)
ZEO / 2 public and 1 admin Zope262 clients.
Squid in front of all 3 and POUND in front of the 2 public clients.
MySQL 4.0.17
All on one RH 8 Linux box

We have other boxes we are considering adding more clients to but at the current rate we would be increasing our MySQL threads even more.

We have multiple MySQL databases for the various things we run on our site(s). It is my understanding that if we have a Real Estate database with 30  tables then there is one connection. An Automotive database with many tables, there is another DA. Classified Ads takes another and so on... we have about 10 different databases all holding different types of things.

If I refresh a page that references a specific database connection only a few of the 11 connections refresh....older ones stay sleeping.

Does that shed any light on our setup?

Thanks
--Allen