[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 still doesn't run as a service in w2k

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Mon Aug 16 13:28:55 EDT 2004

> Tim Peters
>
> [Ausum Studio]
> > I ran the service in debug mode and apparently the problem was in
> > the path.
> > I had already updated it according to
> > http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1091948185 , but I had used long
> > names with spaces in between:
> > "G:\Archivos de programa\Zope27\lib\python"
> >
> > Changed to 8.3 format and that made
> > it.("G:\ARCHIV~1\Zope27\lib\python")
>
> I don't know all the details, but that makes sense.so far as I do.
> Some basic Win32 API calls have no idea what to do with a
> space-infected pathname (which is one reason you can still use 8.3
> alias names on the newer Windows filesystems, none of which have an
> *obvious* need for them).

In almost all cases I have had, surrounding the file name with double
quotes takes care of any problems.  For the same reason, it is good
practice to write "%1" (with quotes) for the argument placeholder of
command lines.

I recommend trying this first, before resorting to the 8.3 syntax.

Cheers,

Tom P