[Zope] cookie crumbler - preserving variables in URL

Sascha Ottolski sascha.ottolski at gallileus.de
Thu Aug 19 05:25:43 EDT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 19. August 2004 03:39 schrieb David Siedband:
> I'm using cookie crumbler for authentication
>
> Often, the pages that require authentication have a variables on the
> end of the URL.
>
> http://www.site.org/updateListing_html?pid=22
>
> After authentication, these variables get dropped generating an error
> for the dropped variable
>
> redirects to:
>
> http://www.site.org/updateListing_html
>
> How can I modify the cookie crumbler methods to pass these variables
> and redirect to the proper URL?

just as a hint without testing: the stock login_form that comes with
cookiecrumbler sets a hidden-field "came_from"

<input type="hidden" name="came_from" value="&dtml-came_from;">

which should carry the full url including the query_string; at least the
source code does seem to imply this. You might want to check the
html-source of your maybe modified login-form, or your logged_in
method, that might be called from its action.

Hope that helps a bit,

Sascha