[Zope] Re: fastcgi with zope

Josef Albert Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:17:14 EDT 2004

--- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Simon Forster <simon-lists at l...> wrote:

>On 19 Aug 2004, at 14:03, Sophia Grimm wrote:
>
> > Of course, I meant to end this email by saying I would
> > greatly appreciate any advice you have to offer.
>
>Ah. Advice I can offer. Don't use FastCGI, use Apache's proxypass to
>redirect the appropriate traffic to Zope on a different port. See
><http://zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver>.
Actually, I know this doesn't solve your problem, I saw your last message
where you said you need fastcgi. I only want to point Simon out that
proxypass can make a server an anonymous proxy, that's what I found here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/asv/Personal%20Docs/HowTo.2004-04-07.3618

use mod_rewrite instead. It does the same job as well and you won't have
abusers using your server to browse anonymously.

Regards,
Josef