[Zope] Advice on upgrade?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 20 16:15:27 EDT 2004

I *JUST* did that myself :)

What I did:

- configure and install the core Zope 2.7.2
- create a new 2.7.2 instance
- copy over the products (Both core and instance)
- edit the zope.conf
- copy over the data.fs

done! worked great for me.

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]On Behalf Of
hpinson at indepthl.com
Sent: August 20, 2004 10:19 AM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Advice on upgrade?

I am unclear on the upgrade process.  I would like to upgrade from
Zope 2.7 to 2.7.2. Platform is Fedora Core 1 with Python 2.3.
installed.

I have two directories /var/zope2.7 and /var/zope-instance

I will install the new version to /var/zope2.7.2

How can I make use of my existing /var/zope-instance?

Or is it best to recreate a new instance from scratch?

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com