[Zope] cmf's suitability for complex, customised workflows

Raja Subramanian rsubr at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Aug 20 16:23:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:47:18PM +0200, Roch? Compaan wrote:
> > You would need to build a lot of the features you want in your
> > application yourself. From what you describe it seems as if OpenFlow or
> > Reflow (it's CMF incarnation) would be a better starting point. OpenFlow
> > is an activity based workflow and maps better to tasks that involve
> > distinct entities in your application. DCWorkflow is entity based and
> > works better for workflows were state changes on a single entity, like a
> > document.
[snip]

Many thanks for the replies.  I think I'm going to reinvent the wheel
with vanilla zope.  My workflow is primarily entity based and I seem
to have worked out all the bits save for a few tricky pieces.

I think lack of CMF/*Flow should not be a huge set back for this task.

Thanks again for the guidance.

- Raja