[Zope] Reverting to previous version of Zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Aug 24 10:44:41 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:16:13AM -0400, Tiller, Michael (M.M.) wrote:
> I have a system running Zope 2.7.2 but because of a critical bug
> (http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1401), I'd like to revert to Zope
> 2.7.0.  I have Zope 2.7.0 installed, but in my instance directory I
> changed zopectl, runzope and zope.conf to point to Zope 2.7.0 but it
> still invokes Zope 2.7.2 (at least according to what Control Panel
> says).
>
> How do you control what version of Zope is run?  It seems like there are
> all these environment variables (in the files I listed above) but none
> of them seem to actually affect it?!?  Any suggestions?

Yes, use a symlink as I suggested in a very recent message to this list,
and stop modifying those files every time you upgrade / downgrade.

But for now, it *should* be running 2.7.0 if you edited those
files correctly.  Is there maybe some wrapper script that's
launching those? e.g something in /etc/init.d ?
there was a report of something similar recently...

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com