[Zope] PloneCollectorNG get earliest issue/get latest issue

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Aug 26 17:05:04 EDT 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 22:09, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> I'm trying to allow users to search for all issues within a date range.
> They get two text boxes to fill in the start and end dates.
> In my validation of the dates, I'm needing to make sure they don't
> specify a date range that comes before the date of the first created
> issue.
> I want to be able to catch that error and respond to them with the
> right feedback
> so they don't make that mistake again.

I honestly don't understand why it would be a "mistake" that involves
annoying the user with a message and the need to re-phrase the query if
the date range queried for starts earlier than the first collector
item. Re-phrasing the query doesn't change the query results in any
way, all it will do is annoy your users. I would let people query with
any date range, provided that the start date is not later than the end
date.

jens