[Zope] Re: Now I'm confused....

Josef Albert Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 04:27:18 EDT 2004

Hi Bill,

--- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Bill Hewitt <wphewitt at c...> wrote:
>I have finally given up on the complexity of ZClasses.... So, nowI am
>porting my ZClasses to Python Classes.. Here is the rub:
>How do I get the Python Class to recognize DTML Methods
>
>I have a DTML method called "getDate" and I *assume* that I call it from
>inside the Python class with something like:
>
>getDate = HTMLFile('dtml/getDate', globals())
You are using the wrong method, you have to use:

from Globals import DTMLFile
DTMLFile('dtml/getDate',globals())

>but when I try to use this, "'getDate' is not defined" is what is
>returned from Zope....
If you don't get it work, post the full traceback.

>So, how does one include DTML Methods, PythonScripts, etc.... as methods
>in Python Classes?
If you are going to use python classes, then you had better define your
PythonScripts inside your class.

Finally, two advices:
1) try to use ZPT instead of DTML. The first one is better since content and
logic separation is clearer.

2) give a better subject to your messages. Doing that will assure that more
people read them and it will also make easier to other people having similar
problems find them.

Regards,
Josef