[Zope] Zope returns a blank page

Tim Edwards Tim.Edwards at hwe.com.au
Mon Aug 30 19:54:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

We are running an application on Zope that connects back to an MS SQL Server
2000 database (Using mxODBC). The app is written using ZPTs, Python scripts
and ZSQL methods. For performance reasons we have put all our queries in
stored procedures, often one stored procedure will be called (through a ZSQL
method) to retreive the data for a page and another to save data from that
page.

We have a problem where some of our users get a blank page while trying to
load up one of the screens in our app. This screen contains a list of
employees and their hours worked per day and in total for a week. The stored
procedure for this screen is a little slow (the sum calculations are done in
the SQL), it takes about 2 seconds to run through the Query Analyser. When
doing a 'View Source' we get just the basic HTML tags - DOCTYPE,HTML, HEAD,
BODY with nothing inside of them. So far this problem has only affected
users at remote (low bandwidth) sites.

Any ideas what could be causing Zope to return a blank page like this? Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Tim Edwards